- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A favorite among adults and kids alike, enjoy this satisfying soup as a main dish or serve as an elegant starter with a teaspoon of crème fraiche swirled on the top.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk (whole or semi-skimmed)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter in a large pot, and set over medium heat. Sauté stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes or until onions become clear and soft.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the mixture and stir well, making a thick paste.
- Once the paste begins to bubble slightly, slowly pour in the milk and broth, whisking continuously in order to prevent lumps.
- Add the corn, cream cheese, salt and pepper and stir until the mixture heats through.
- Using a hand-held blender (immersion blender), puree soup until it reaches a smooth consistency. Serve immediately.