- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Creamy Clam Chowder Soup is a hearty blend of clams and vegetables in a tasty, creamy base.
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2, 6 1/2 ounce cans minced clams, with juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 4 quart pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute until tender. Add carrots, potatoes and water; cook until vegetables are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in clams with juice.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and in a small bowl, combine with flour to make a smooth paste. Slowly add flour mixture to soup, stirring constantly. Add milk, salt and pepper; reduce heat and cook until soup thickens, stirring constantly.