- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
Chicken Divan is a chicken casserole made with broccoli. Using canned soups in this recipe helps get this family favorite done and on the table in less than an hour!
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen broccoli
- 4 cooked boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup sharp American cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs, mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large pot boil salted water. Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Spread the broccoli on the bottom of the casserole dish and spread the chicken on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, lemon juice, mayonnaise and yogurt. Mix well and then pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese, breadcrumbs and almonds over the chicken, and bake for about 25 minutes until cheese is bubbling and casserole in light brown.