- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Smooth and creamy cauliflower soup is topped with crispy pieces of crumbled Prosciutto, adding a salty and smoky taste as well as additional texture.
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves or rosemary leaves
- 1 small head of cauliflower, about 1 pound, cut into florets
- 2 cups reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- Cook the prosciutto in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Once cool, crumble and then set aside.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onions, garlic, bacon, and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower, chicken broth, and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, covered, over low heat for 12 minutes and then puree the mixture using a stick blender.
- Serve hot topped with the crumbled prosciutto.