- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Makes about 3-1/2 cups
This vibrant-colored spread has a whole lot of flavor and a significant kick to it as a result of the ginger, horseradish and hot pepper sauce mixed into the blend.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- Cook the fresh cranberries according to package directions, making sure to add the two sticks of cinnamon to the pan while cooking.
- Strain the cranberries using a fine-mesh sieve and then place the solids into a bowl. Add the gingerroot, hot pepper sauce and horseradish, and mix well to blend.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, stir in the cream cheese and mix well to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill before serving.