- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 37 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Creamed Spinach is a classic steakhouse dish that goes well with grilled meats and broiled chicken. Enjoy this version that has a bacon and Parmesan cheese crust.
- 5 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 3 bunches of fresh spinach
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain. Roughly chop and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic until fragrant over medium heat, approximately 1-1/2 minutes.
- Slowly sprinkle in the powder and continue to cook until the mixture becomes golden brown.
- Zap the cream in the microwave for a few seconds to warm and then slowly pour into the pan whisking continuously. Once the mixture begins to bubble, add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle on the bacon and then the Parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 10 minutes and then serve immediately.