- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A creamy zucchini and onion soup dinner.
- 1 pound fresh zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- Add everything but the cream to a pot, along with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer until soft. Use a blender or food processor to puree. Blend in 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Return to the pot and add the remaining cream. Heat through, but do not allow to boil.