- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6 servings
Cream of Carrot Soup can be prepared in a matter of minutes and is a delicious soup as a first course or a meal.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag of grated carrots (found in produce section of grocery)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add carrots and wine and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix in water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Again bring to a boil and lower heat. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes
- Use an immersion blender and blend carrot mixture until smooth
- In a separate bowl whip cream until stiff.
- Carefully fold cream into soup.