- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8 People
Cream cheese chicken soup consists of chunks of cooked chicken mixed with vegetables and cream cheese.
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a large saucepan, cook the onion in butter.
- Add broth, carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Allow to heat through.
- Combine flour and milk until creamy. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until completely melted.