- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Crayfish resemble small lobster and have succulent and meaty tails. Enjoy them in this Italian-inspired dish smothered in a delicious red sauce made with fresh herbs.
- 4 crayfish tails, peeled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 14 ounce can Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, coriander, dill and chives)
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the crayfish tails and sauté for about 3 minutes. Transfer the tails to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions to the hot pan, sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat, and then add the garlic, tomatoes, half of the herbs and the bay leaf; bring the mixture to a simmer and then cook for 5 minutes. Return the crayfish tails to the pan, cover and cook over medium-low heat for an additional 6 minutes.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to the mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining herbs; serve immediately.