- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 12 muffins or 9" cake
Can be made as muffins or a cake, with a streusel topping.
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries, partially thawed if frozen
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Mix all of the streusel ingredients together until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 muffin cups, or a 9" square cake pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in the berries and toss until coated.
- Beat the egg with a fork, mix in juice and butter. Add until just moistened to the flour mixture.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full, sprinkle the streusel on top. Bake the muffins for 15-35 minutes. For the 9" cake, 30-35 minutes.