- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
A festive dessert for the holidays.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 to 2 cups granulated sugar, depending on your taste
- 4 cups fresh or frozen (and thawed) whole cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and gelatin. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine milk and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in softened gelatin and set aside off heat.
- In a blender or food processor, grind cranberries, adding a little water if necessary to puree. Stir cranberries into milk mixture.
- Allow for mixture to come to room temperature. Process in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- After processing, cranberry sherbet will be soft. Place in freezer for 2 hours to firm up.
- If freezing for longer term, allow sherbet to thaw on countertop until sherbet has reached desired consistency.