- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
This deluxe cranberry sauce is spiked with a bit of brandy and dotted with tangy pieces of orange. It gets better with age and makes a wonderful gift when ladled into glass jars.
- 1 orange
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-3 inch long cinnamon stick
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Cut orange into small pieces and remove the seeds but not the peel. Force through a food grinder or finely mince.
- In a saucepan combine the orange pulp, rind and juice mixture with the water.
- Tie the cinnamon stick and cloves in a piece of cheese cloth and add to the mixture.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and cranberries. Simmer until the cranberries pop.
- Remove from heat and add brandy. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.