- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4-6 People
This cranberry-rice stuffing is a delicious alternative to the usual holiday fare.
- 1/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups, 1 1/2 pounds, mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook the rice in the water until tender, about 1 hour.
- Sauté the remaining ingredients in a skillet until the celery and onion are tender. Add the rice and stir to blend.
- Use in a roasted chicken or double the recipe for turkey stuffing.