- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies are ideal for sharing with friends and family during the holiday season. Ideal for gift-giving, as well.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, orange peel and orange extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in oats, cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.