- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 10
Cranberry Orange Dressing is made with raisin bread and Brazil nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed and sorted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 2, 1 pound loaves raisin bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute onion, celery and Brazil nuts about 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, sugar and orange juice and peel; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cranberries start to pop. Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Cut bread slices into 1/2 inch cubes to measure 10 cups. Spread cubes on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes. Toast lightly.
- Turn cubes into large bowl. Add salt, poultry seasoning, savory and pepper; toss to mix. Add cranberry mixture; toss lightly until well mixed.
- Use to fill prepared turkey. Makes 12 cups, enough to stuff a 16 pound turkey.