- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These zesty cookies are quite popular during the Christmas season. Make them for large family gatherings or for gift-giving.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind, divided
- 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg; blend well.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon orange rind and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination into orange mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Mix together remaining orange rind, orange juice and powdered sugar until mixture becomes smooth.
- Spread over top of cooled cookies.