- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Wonderful bread for gifting during the holidays.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom only of a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.