- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 18 People
These sweet muffins make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, orange peel, nutmeg and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat shortening, orange juice, vanilla and eggs.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.