- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
For a healthier take on baked apples, try this recipe next time you need a dessert everyone will remember.
- 2 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Rome apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shaved white chocolate
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine first 8 ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Core apples making sure to leave bottom part intact. Then peel top half of each apple and place in a baking dish. Fill centers of apples evenly with cranberries and pecans. Pour syrup mixture over apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until apples are soft, basting apples twice with sauce from pan. Before serving, sprinkle with white chocolate shavings.