- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies are full of honey, raisins and dried cranberries.
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Melt shortening and honey over low heat; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thoroughly melted and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar, egg and milk.
- Combine flour, chopped nuts, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; blend into egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins and dried cranberries.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 4 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.