- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Cranberry Cobbler with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt.
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce, whole
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Stir together cranberry sauce, orange juice, orange rind and apple. Spoon into a 8 inch square baking pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, cardamon and butter until dough is in pea sized pieces. Add baking powder, egg and milk. Stir until blended.
- Spoon 9 heaping tablespoons of batter on top of cranberries. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F until topping is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.