- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2-1/2 cups
The sweet tang of cranberries mixed with sugar and a deep red wine, give this chutney a multi-layered taste. Serve as a side sauce with grilled, baked and broiled meats or slathered on your favorite sandwich.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup full-body red wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cranberries, wine, sugar and pepper in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes until cranberries are tender but not too soft, or splitting apart.
- Transfer Chutney to a glass bowl and cool before serving.