- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread serves well as a breakfast snack or as a side dish to a holiday dinner.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Beat egg, applesauce, orange juice and grated orange peel.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.