- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
These sweet muffins are full of flavor and healthy ingredients making them an excellent breakfast treat.
- 2 cups oat bran hot cereal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- Mix together cranberry juice, bananas, egg whites and applesauce; set aside.
- Combine oat bran, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend flour combination into banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.