- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 24, 1/4-cup servings
Nothing can beat the taste of this traditional cranberry, orange and pecan accompaniment to roast turkey.
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (reserve peel)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Place the orange peel in a food processor, and process until finely chopped.
- Add the cranberries and continue to process until mixture becomes coarsely chopped.
- Transfer the cranberry mixture to a large bowl and add the sugar, pecans and ginger. Stir to combine and then cover, refrigerate and chill for 2 hours before serving.