- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 6-8
This cheese ball recipe, made with Colby cheese, dill pickles and dried cranberries, makes a festive and delicious appetizer for your holiday table. Serve with an assortment of crackers
- 1 pound Colby cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine. Transfer the cheese mixture to the prepared bowl, and push the mixture into the bowl so it is well packed. Cover the bowl and then place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pull on the sides of the plastic wrap and place the cheese ball onto a plate. Discard the plastic wrap and serve.