- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10 cups
A beautiful blend of sweet and tart flavor, this relish can be served with roasted pork, turkey or chicken.
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 3 apples (Fuji or Gala), peeled, quartered and cored
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 ribs celery, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (drained) jarred, sliced beets (not pickled), chopped
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the fresh cranberries in a food processor and process on high until finely chopped, then add the apples and process until finely chopped as well.
- Empty the cranberries and apples into a large bowl, and then place the celery into the food processor and finely chop. Transfer the celery to the bowl with the cranberry mixture.
- Peel the oranges and then using a sharp knife, cut off and discard the pith. Remove the segments and place into the bowl with the cranberries, apples and celery.
- Stir in the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon , nutmeg, salt, and pepper to the cranberry mixture, and then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.