- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Boiling seafood with beer instead of plain water really adds depth to the seafood’s flavor. Dip the succulent pieces of crab in this Asian-inspired dipping sauce and enjoy this succulent treat!
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 small red or green Thai chiles, stemmed and sliced into thin rings
- Juice of 2 limes
- 12 live blue crabs (about 4 lbs.)
- 4, 12-oz. bottles of lager beer
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 Thai chiles, stemmed and split
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes, halved
- In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, chiles and lime juice with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Pour the beer into a 6-quart pot and bring to a boil. Add in the salt, garlic, chiles, and cilantro, and then squeeze in the juice from the limes, and add the limes as well.
- Rinse the crabs off with cold water and then drop the crabs into the pot and boil, covered, for about 8 minutes. Their color will turn a bright reddish-orange.
- Remove crabs from the pot and serve hot with the dipping sauce.