- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 4
Crab Stuffed Chicken is an elegant dinner combination that your special guests will love.
- 4 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1, 7 1/2 ounce can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1, 3 1/2 ounce can mushrooms, chopped and drained
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Melt butter; add flour, milk, wine and broth. Set sauce aside.
- In skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in crabmeat, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons or sauce. Top each chicken piece with about 1/4 cup crabmeat mixture. Fold sides in and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 12 by 7 inch baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over all. Bake covered in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with Swiss cheese and paprika. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese melts.