- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 3
Crab Meat Imperial is a casserole fit for a King.
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimento, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash each of pepper, paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2, 6 ounce packages frozen king crab, thawed
- Saute green pepper and pimento in butter in saucepan until tender. Add next 4 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Add milk gradually. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk. Stir egg yolk into hot mixture.
- Add mustard, capers and Worcestershire sauce, blending well. Fold in crab meat. Pour into casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.