- Prep: 60 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4
Wow your special guests with Crab Louis for lunch. It's a delicious and easy to make elegant salad.
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped fine
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 16 black olives
- Dressing: 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup tarragon French dressing
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- salt to taste and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the eggs and force 4 eggs through a sieve. Divide the lettuce on four plates. Pile the crabmeat and eggs in the middle of each plate.
- Place two tomato wedges on the sides of the plates. Add the black olives and cut the remaining 4 eggs in half and arrange on plate.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Mix the ingredients for the dressing. Just before serving, place dressing on the crabmeat.