- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Get this simple salad made with jumbo lump crab, watercress and diced apple on the table in 20 minutes. Serve with a side of freshly baked buns with butter.
- 2-1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches of watercress, about 14 ounces thick stems discarded
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab, picked over and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Place the watercress into a bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Put the crab, celery, apple and toasted walnuts into another bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, shallot and mustard until thoroughly combined. Slowly pour in the olive oil and the walnut oil, while whisking vigorously to blend, and then season to taste with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add to 3 tablespoons of the dressing to the watercress and toss to coat.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the crab mixture and toss to combine.
- Place the watercress onto serving plates and then top with the crab mixture. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and serve immediately.