- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A creamy layer of mashed avocado and sour cream is topped with a chunky layer of fresh crabmeat, basil and jalapeno in this delicious dip recipe. Serve with crispy tortilla chips.
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces fresh crabmeat, well-drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 whole red jalapeno chili, finely chopped
- Place the avocado, sour cream, 3 tablespoons of the lime juice and the fresh chives into a bowl and mash well to combine.
- Season the mixture to taste with a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper, and then transfer to a serving bowl, spreading evenly to create a smooth layer.
- Place the crabmeat, mayonnaise, basil, chili pepper and the remaining lime juice into another bowl and mix well to combine. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper and then spread it on top of the avocado mixture to form a second layer.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill prior to serving.