- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 people
If your tired of boring mashed potatoes, try this recipe for sweet potato succotash instead. You'll love the spicy Southwestern flavor.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 11-ounce can Southwestern-style corn with black beans and peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup Dannon Oikos Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle salsa, excess liquid drained off
- 1 medium avocado, sliced thin
- Poke potato skin with a fork 6-8 times all around and microwave on high for 5-8 minutes checking frequently, until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1-inch chunks and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons oil. When oil is hot, add potatoes and cook for 3 minutes until browned. Stir in corn, chili powder, and cilantro and cook for another 3 minutes until heated through. Combine yogurt and chipotle salsa in a small bowl.
- Serve the hash hot with the yogurt and avocado.