- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Western inspired beefy bean and potato slow cooker dinner.
- 1-1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and brown in a skillet. Drain.
- Add the onions to the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Spread the beef over top. Layer the potatoes, and beans over the beef.
- Pour the stewed tomatoes and tomato soup in and season with the basil, oregano and garlic.
- Cook covered for 7-8 hours on low.