- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This wonderful couscous salad is chockfull of delicious flavor and texture. Enjoy it as a main vegetarian dinner meal, or serve it as a side in place of rice and vegetables dishes.
- 1-1/2 cups Couscous
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice, from 1-2 lemons
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro, rough chopped
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Poblano Peppers, seeded & finely diced
- 1 Fennel Bulb, cored & shaved or very thinly sliced
- 4 cups Black Kale, Green chard, Napa cabbage, or other green; shredded
- 1 can Small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place the lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Put the cooked couscous, fennel, kale, cilantro, green onion, peppers and beans into a large salad bowl. Pour in the dressing and then gently toss to combine. Serve the salad topped with the crumbled feta.