- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
This is a complete dish to warm you up on a cold winter day. This is great served with your favorite rice or noodles.
- 1 lb. round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 oz. spicy fresh sausage, cut into Â¾-inch-thick slices
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- Â¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 can chunky stewed tomatoes
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Brown meat and sausage in hot oil in a skillet.
- In a 31/2 or 4 quart electric crockery cooker place onion.
- Sprinkle with thyme, tapioca, salt, and pepper.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over vegetables.
- Add meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours.