- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 6
Country Style Pizza is fill with salami and ricotta and has a double crust.
- 1 package hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons very warm water
- 1, 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 pound salami, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Sprinkle yeast from hot roll mix into warm water in medium bowl; stir until dissolved. Gradually work in flour of hot roll mix to form a fairly stiff dough. Place dough in an oiled bowl; cover. Let rise in warm place until double in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling; combine ricotta, Mozzarella, salami, green onion, parsley, oregano, salt and eggs, reserving 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg for brushing.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Lightly oil a 12 inch pizza pan. Stretch one half of dough to fit pan, pressing dough against side of pan to make an edge. Brush edge with reserved beaten egg. Spoon filling over dough. Roll remaining dough to a 12 inch round; fit over filling, pressing edges together. Prick entire surface with a fork. Brush top with egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cover top of pizza is crust is browning too fast. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.