- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A ‘Banh Mi’ is a classic French-Asian baguette sandwich that originated in former French colonies within Indochina. Enjoy this version made with a mix of vegetables, country pate and Asian-inspired ingredients.
- 2 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 long soft hero rolls, split
- 1/2 pound country pâté, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, (6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 16 slices of pickled jalapeño
- Place the tofu, mustard, lemongrass, lime zest, lime juice, oil and pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor or a blender, and process until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Thickly spread the tofu mixture onto the inside of the rolls and then layer with the pate, cilantro, carrots and jalapenos. Top the sandwich with the other roll half and serve.