- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 hr 5 min
- Total: 51 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Country Potato Pie is filled with zucchini and Cheddar cheese.
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 potato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Press in shredded potatoes to form crust. Sprinkle with some cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute onion in remaining butter for 5 minutes. Spread on potato layer and sprinkle with some cheese. Add layer of zucchini, green pepper and diced potatoes and sprinkle on more cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, parsley, paprika, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Carefully pour over the vegetables in crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in pie comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.