- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 10 min
- Total: 3 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A creamy slow cooked chicken and vegetable chowder.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Brown the chicken in the butter. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 3-4 hours on low, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker off, stir in the cream and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.