- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 10 min
- Total: 3 hr 35 min
- Serving: 12
Cottage cheesecake uses both cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1, 16 ounce container small curd creamy style cottage cheese
- 2, 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 pint sour cream
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan and sprinkle generously with graham cracker crumbs.
- Sieve cottage cheese. Beat on high speed until well blended and creamy. Add sugar, then eggs.
- Reduce speed to low, add cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Add melted margarine and sour cream. Blend on low speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn off oven and let cake stand in oven for 2 hours. Remove and cool completely on wire rack. Chill. Remove sides of pan.