- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10 rolls
Similar taste to yeast rolls, delicious with breakfast or soup.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (only is using buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- poppy seeds or caraway seeds for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet.
- Beat the cottage cheese, egg, milk and oil together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add in to the cottage cheese mixture.
- On a floured surface knead until smooth. Shapes into 8-10 rolls.
- Place on the prepared sheet and brush on the egg yolk. Slice the top of each roll with a knife. Sprinkle with the seeds if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.