- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
Makes these muffins ahead of time for a perfect grab-and-go breakfast treat during those busy morning routines.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and crushed pineapple. Blend into flour mixture.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of pineapple preserves. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.