- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A healthy and quick fish recipe for an instant weeknight dinner the entire family will enjoy.
- 1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 catfish fillets
- Prepare the broiler and lightly grease a wire oven rack with cooking spray or cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and mustard and mix until combined.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the cornmeal, salt and paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Dip each fish fillet into the buttermilk mixture and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Place each fish on the wired rack and cook for 3-1/2 minutes per side, flipping once. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.