- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr
- Total: 9 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10
The flavor of cloves enhances this corned beef.
- 4 pound corned beef rump cut
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 strips fresh orange peel
- 2 to 5 whole cloves
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- Combine water, onion, orange peel and cloves in slow cooker.
- Add corned beef, fat side up, to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or until fork-tender.
- Remove corned beef from slow cooker.
- Score top of corned beef, insert additional cloves to decorate, if desired.
- About 30 minutes before serving, place corned beef in ovenproof pan.
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
- Prepare Glaze; spoon over corned beef.
- Bake 20 to 20 minutes, basting occasionally with Glaze.
- Glaze instructions:
- Combine honey, orange juice concentrate and mustard in large bowl.