- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Corned Beef Dinner, a traditional favorite, at your St. Patrick's Day celebration.
- 1, 4 pound corned beef brisket
- 1, 12 ounce can beer
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 stalks celery with leaves
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium head cabbage, quartered
- Place corned beef in a large kettle, add cold water to cover. Add beer, onion, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns and celery. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 hours and 15 minutes. Remove onion and celery.
- Add carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.