- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12
These muffins are a treat on their own and can be served in place of stuffing or paired with a hearty stew or soup.
- Wet Ingredients
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Â¾ cup half and half
- 1 Â½ cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed, drained)
- Dry Ingredients
- Â½ cup all-purpose flour
- Â½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Use butter to grease a nonstick muffin pan or spray with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine until just moist.
- Pour evenly into muffin pan and bake until golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.