- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 12
Cornbread Oyster Dressing is a traditional family favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2, 8 ounce packages cornbread stuffing mix
- 3, 7 ounce cans frozen oysters, thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 cup water and 1 cup butter until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix; toss to mix well.
- Drain oysters; cut in half.
- In remaining butter in medium skillet, saute oysters, onion, green pepper and celery until onion is golden---5 to 7 minutes. Stir in salt, rosemary and pepper. Add to stuffing mixture; toss lightly until well mixed.
- Use to fill prepared turkey. Makes 12 cups, enough to stuff a 16 pound turkey.